Saturday, February 21, 2009

Wifey Material

What’s “wifey material”?   I thought a wife was someone at the top of their game.  Someone who has family, home and spouse, and has found fulfillment in the latter.  

 

I’ve been referred to more often than not as “wifey material”.   Maybe this wifey shit is a thing of the past.   Maybe the reality of it all is that we’re all supposed to fuck each other over and move on.     I know a couple things a wifey is not; and that is someone who’s been thru one failed relationship after another.   She’s not the woman who’s tried  approaching things with an open mind and different perspective yet failed.  She’s a woman in the Champs Elysee with her man/woman on that family yacht sitting back enjoying Mimosas or  she’s that simple female having a blockbuster night with her other half in a world where nothing could go wrong.   I’m neither one of these women.  

 

So how the hell can I be “wifey material"?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always seen "wifey" and "wife" as 2 different things. Wifey means to me that she's someone you can commit to, like she's cool, but a wife is someone you'd want to settle down with.