Monday, February 23, 2009

Naivete

inside I feel the onset of a new spiritual awakening.   I don’t want to be just another face in the crowd.  I want to stand out.  I want to be defiant and I want to show strength in my convictions.   Like i did when I was 17 years old when I wanted God to change my life for the better.   Somewhere down the line, it all got confused.   I let my trust in humans outweigh my faith in God.   Now like the rest of these lost souls, I wander the streets disenfranchised and desensitized.  So much so, that I can’t even stop to smell the roses in my concrete Jungle.   I live in suburbia but the lawn is dry.  There’s nothing but wind and frost to greet me.   Even when the sun comes out, I know things will never be the same.   So it takes a walk of faith to hold fast to the things that were once near and dear to my heart.   The innocence that bloomed behind the 17 year olds eyes as she stepped out into the world.   These things, I’ve taken for granted. 

No comments: